The National Student Engagement Programme (NStEP) aims to train class reps nationwide to best prepare them for their important roles within Institutions. The purpose of the training is to
- Develop students' understanding of the class rep role and describe the work involved in being a class rep.
- Provide an introduction to the work in Ireland to develop student engagement.
- Discuss the student learning experience and explore how class reps can use it to assist them in their work as a class rep.
- Develop some of the skills they will use as class rep.
- Discuss what support is available to class reps.
The aims of the National Student Engagement Programme are
- To develop student capabilities to engage in quality enhancement and assurance activities at all levels of the higher education system.
- To support institutions in developing processes and activities which support/facilitate the meaningful engagement of students.
- To strengthen the value placed on student engagement across Ireland and develop tools and resources to support a common understanding and build effective practice.
- To lay the foundations to develop work beyond the pilot phase to inform the implementation of a national student training programme and increase capacity to take work further
NStEP is underpinned by a new set of principles on student engagement developed by Higher Education Authority http://bit.ly/2bejWxO